FATHER'S DAY SPECIAL
A spicy snack while he watches his favorite team on Sunday. A combination of a bite of heat from the jalapeno, the smooth creamy taste of cheese, and a combination of sausage and bacon that is sure to make his mouth water.
1 package cream cheees, softened
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 lb jalapeno peppers
slices of bacon*
sausage*, flavor of our choice, cooked
* the amount of bacon and sausage should be the amount of the jalapeno peppers doubled. You will be cutting the peppers in half. The recipe for the filling should yield approximately 2 dozen, depending on the size of the peppers.
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheeses, and seasonings; mix well.
When preparing chilis wear rubber or plastic gloves and avoid touching your eyes or face. Chili peppers contain a skin irritant called capsaicin. When done wash your hands and cutting board with hot, soapy water.
3) Cut the jalapenos in half. Remove the stems and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
4) Spoon in the cream cheese mixture into the pepper and even it out with the edges of the pepper.
5) Place the cooked sausage on top of the mixture. Carefully wrap the bacon around the pepper+sausage, you may insert a toothpick to secure it in place.
6) Place the uncooked poppers onto a baking sheets and cook them at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until bacon is thoroughly cooked.
( Image: Facebook )
Related: Bacon-Pancake Dippers
Share this post.
06.14.13 12:00PM BRIGID
Categories: snacks, easy, appetizer