FOURTH OF JULY SPECIAL
Spice up the usual hot dog, Fourth of July fare with these easy to master topping combinations. Most of these can be found in the back of refrigerator. Follow these straight forward medleys and you will the toast of your Independence Day cook out.
All beef hot dogs
Hot dog buns
*See Topping Combinations
1) Place hot dogs into slow cooker, if cooking a large amount place them vertically so they can all fit.
2) Cover, and cook on low for 4 hours, or on high for about 2 hours. Check to make sure the hot dogs in the middle are fully hot before serving. Serve with tongs into buns and fix with desired Topping Combinations.
Your hot dogs can stay on the Warming setting for several hours, keeping them warm and ready for the duration of your party or get-together.
1. Southwestern Hot Dog = Salsa + Tomato + Avocado
2. Backyard BBQ Hot Dog = Barbecue Sauce + French Fried Onions
3. Sweet & Salty Hot Dog = Corn + Crumbled Bacon + Ketchup
4. Neoclassical Chili Dog = Chili + White Cheddar Cheese
5. Pow! Right in the Kisser Hot Dog = Yellow Mustard + Sauerkraut
Related: Roasted Potato Salad
Share this post.
06.28.13 12:00PM BRIGID
Categories: Fourth of July, lunch, easy, quick, slow cooker, main dish, supper, summer